Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Some things you just learn the hard way...

I remember I had a good girl friend, and I was starting to fall in love with her.

One day we were at her house, and we stayed together to sleep on the couch, and come morning we started cuddlijg and caressing each other. Then we looked into each other's eyes, and smiled.

Anyone would probably say, this was obviously the moment where I'm supposed to go in for the kiss... but I didn't. I was confused about if it's ok and we're friends and blah blah. I didn't recognize the moment and the situation for what it was, as obvious as it was.

Two weeks later, I was growing scared and impatient since many boys wanted to go out with her - and some did. At her house, out of the blue, in a totally non-romantic non-relevant situation, I tried to kiss her and show her how I feel. She back away with a "what are you doing" look on her face.

I was acting so needy and desperate, it turned her off.

She tried to "forgive" me in light of our friendship, but emotions don't forgive. Her heart never got over me acting needy, instead of kissing her like a man when I should have, two weeks earlier.

Eventually I abandoned the idea, and sadly the friendship.

It could have turned into love, but my neediness and desperate behavior ruined it. Why didn't I act like a man and do what I had to do when I had to do it...?

Some things you just learn the hard way... another lesson I won't forget. I may have lost that moment, but I knew the next moments when they came.

No comments: