Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Even cats can teach you a lesson

I always say, don't judge someone unless you have all the information at hand - which you mos't probably don't. Let us say you see someone crossing a red light at 100kph. Let us hope there were no people at the junction at that time and no one got hurt. You might ask yourself "who is that asshole?". You can never know if there is a bleeding, dying person in the back seat and he is rushing to hospital. At most, you can ask "what is wrong with him?" to which the answer will either be "he's trying to save someone" or "he's an asshole". If you assume bad things already - you are judging prematurely.

I was walking on the street at night and I saw a cat just standing in the middle of the road. I forgot my own advice, and yelled "you stupid crazy cat, get off the road!!!". When I came closer, I saw she was looking over her kitten that has been run over. It was dead, but she kept looking over it.

I didn't see the kitten from far away, as she was hiding it. "Get off the road!" would have been enough. Why did I add "stupid crazy?"... I judged prematurely. Had that been a person, I really would have come off stupid myself.

I said thankyou to the cat for reminding me of my own lesson. I took a stick and carefully moved the run over kitten to the side of the road, in the hopes that the cat won't get run over, looking over its dead kitten in the middle of the road.

Sometimes even cats can teach you valuable lessons.

No comments: