Saturday, June 28, 2008

There was this girl once...

I was in love with this girl once, when I was younger. She drove me crazy simply by giving me compliments, then being scarce - being busy all the time. I was never sure if she liked me or not, if she really wanted to get to know me or not. I never even got the chance for a proper date. Of the one month we were in touch, I was with her for maybe 30 minutes in total, and some phone calls if you want to count those.

To tell you the truth, she had me at hello. Any game she played after that just drove me crazy, but did not make me like her more.

At first she seemed interested and wanted to meet with me, but it never got around to actually happening. Every time she saw me, she would give me a nice compliment, and then be unavailable. It drove me crazy. She taught me a good lesson on how a girl can drive a man crazy.

If we would meet, it would be for only 5 or 10 minutes... talk about "speed dating"!

She came to me like a puppy any time I assertively called her on her bad behavior, like standing me up. I think it was when I lost my patience to behave assertively, that she lost interest. There's another lesson for you...

All in all, I should thank her, though. I should thank her for teaching me a lesson. She taught me how to drive one crazy. She taught me how to deal with bad behavior. She taught me how to make a girl I like come to me. Last but certainly not least, she taught me what happens when one loses patience, and acts to needy.

I might have lost the girl, and I'll never know what it would have been like to kiss her, to love her and to be with her. The lessons, however - I will always remember.

No comments: